It isn’t possible to conduct an FMCA International Convention and RV Expo without a lot of volunteers. FMCA's Midwest Cooperative Area is hosting the Convention and providing Early Security. The Diesel RV Club together with a newly forming Chapter - Beaver & Friends Security Volunteers - are seeking volunteers from FMCA membership and all Chapters to volunteer for the security positions needed during the FMCA International Convention.
NOTE: The early arrival date is Sunday, August 11, 2019 unless you are part of EARLY VOLUNTEER SECURITY or have volunteered as a member of the BEAVER Volunteer Chapter.
Here are the details:
– Security volunteer positions include working at outside gates to the area where the new coaches will be displayed as well as the exhibit buildings and other areas as needed.
- All people are provided with individual assignment instructions. Note that, in general, all positions are sitting positions so volunteers should plan on taking their own chair and, if an outside position is assigned, plan for any unusual weather situations.
- Each volunteer needs to submit: Name(s), F#, email address, contact phone number (cell).
- The arrival date for Volunteers depends on whether you are part of the newly formed Beaver Volunteer Security Chapter which are to arrive on August 10 between 12:00 and 2;00 p.m.. ALL OTHER Volunteers are to arrived on August 11, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Those who want to park together need to arrive together.
- FMCA will provide volunteers with detailed information about the 100th Convention program so you can prepare your calendar for the activities and programs of interest.
- About a week after you get the program, you will be sent an email with a link to the SignUp app so you can pick the security spots that fit with your schedule. Everyone will be asked to pick three spots, each of which are expected to be approximately 3 hours long.
- If you have not picked your spots personally by Friday, August 9, they will be assigned to you.
If you are willing to help, please send an email to Ken Carpenter (email@example.com) or, preferably, either click on the link below or log in to the DRVC website (listed under planned rallies) and register for the Monot Security event. Also, when registering for the FMCA Convention, please check the box for Security Volunteers. Those attending FMCA in Minot will be grateful for your willingness to help with this very important position. Not yet registered for FMCA's 100th International Convention? Click here: Minot Magic
There will be a meeting of all Security Volunteers on Monday, August 12, at 11:00 a.m. in Commercial I. At that meeting you will be receive your volunteer pin, hat or visor, and a ribbon. Your Volunteer work schedule will be emailed to you immediately after you pick the Security Spot assignments you select using the SignUp application. If you do not have your copy of this confirmation email one will be provided to you at the meeting. This email will also include guidelines to assist you in performing your duties.
Security volunteers normally are parked together in the same area. This requires arriving the holding area at a designated time. These details will be provided once a volunteer commitment is received. The extra nights on the 11th - 13th are part of the cost to FMCA if you are a security volunteer.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and acquaintances that may be interested in working with you as a volunteer.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help make the 100th FMCA International Convention and safe and happy event.