It would be impossible to conduct an FMCA International Convention and RV Expo without a lot of volunteers. FMCA's Southeast Area is hosting the 102nd International Convention and RV Expo at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, GA.
The Diesel RV Club, along with the Beaver & Friends Volunteer Security Chapter are seeking volunteers from FMCA membership and all Chapters to join with us and volunteer for the security positions needed during the FMCA International Convention. You do not need to be a member of either chapter to volunteer.
NOTE: Volunteer Security Team members are to arrive on Sunday, March 7, 2021. There will be an orientation meeting on Monday, March 8.
Here are the details:
Security volunteer positions include working where the new RVs will be displayed as well as the exhibit halls. Exhibitor hours will be Wednesday, March 10, 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM; Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, March 11, 12, & 13, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- All people are provided with individual assignment instructions. Note that, in general, all positions are sitting positions so volunteers should plan on taking their own chair and, if an outside position is assigned, plan for any unusual weather situations.
- Each volunteer needs to either:
- Let FMCA know of your interest in becoming a Security Volunteer; or,
- Submit your Name(s), F#, email address, contact phone number (cell) by registering on this site.
- Arrival Date - all Security Volunteers are to arrive on Sunday, March 7 and are expected to sign up for at least three security spots. While FMCA will take care of your site fee for the early arrival period, you are expected to work your shifts (No workie, No free parkie!).
- All Security Volunteers are to arrive in the holding area on Sunday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Those who want to park together need to arrive together.
- FMCA will provide volunteers with detailed information about the 102nd Convention program so you can prepare your calendar for the activities and programs of interest.
- About a week after you get the program, you will be sent an email with a link to the SignUp app so you can pick the security spots that fit with your schedule. Everyone will be asked to pick three spots, each of which are expected to be approximately 3 hours long.
- If you have not picked your spots personally by Friday, March 5, they will be assigned for you.
- NOTE: The longer you delay in picking your spots there will be fewer spots to choose from -- if you are uncomfortable with using the SignUp app, please call for assistance or to select sites over the phone.
If you are willing to help, please send an email to Ken Carpenter (email@example.com). Or, preferably, either click on the link below or log in to the The Diesel RV Club Website (listed under planned rallies) and register for the Another Day in Paradise Security event.
Not yet registered for FMCA's 102nd International Convention? Click here: Another Day in Perrydise. Also, when registering for the FMCA Convention, please check the box for Security Volunteers. Those attending FMCA in Perry will be grateful for your willingness to help with this very important position.
There will be an orientation meeting of all Security Volunteers on Monday, March 8, 2021. At that meeting you will be receive your volunteer pin, hat or visor, and a ribbon. Your Volunteer work schedule will be emailed to you immediately after you pick the Security Spot assignments you select using the SignUp application. Please save a copy on your mobile device or print a copy. If you do not have your copy of this confirmation email one will be provided to you at the meeting. This email will also include guidelines to assist you in performing the duties specific to the posts you select.
Security volunteers are asked to arrive early to help prior to and during the convention.The extra nights (e.g., Sunday and/or Monday) are part of the cost to FMCA as an incentive for your volunteer service.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and acquaintances that may be interested in working with you as a volunteer.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help make the 102nd FMCA International Convention and safe and happy event.
Your Volunteer Co-Captains,
Ken Carpenter & Don & Brenda Charles