VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! It would be impossible to conduct an FMCA International Convention and RV Expo without a lot of volunteers. FMCA's Rocky Mountain Area is hosting the 103rd International Convention and RV Expo at the CAM-PLEX Multi Event Facility in Gillette, Wyoming
The Diesel RV Club, along with the Beaver & Friends Volunteer Security Chapter are seeking volunteers from FMCA membership and all Chapters to join with us and volunteer for the security positions needed during the FMCA International Convention. You do not need to be a member of either chapter to volunteer.
NOTE: Volunteer Security Team members are to arrive on Saturday July 3, 2021. There will be an orientation meeting on Monday, July 5..
Here are the details:
Security volunteer positions include working in the RV Display area, in the exhibit halls, and at the facility entrances. Exhibitor hours will be Wednesday, July 7, from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, and Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, July 8, 9, & 10, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Security volunteers will be needed on the Tuesday prior to the event; an hour before the opening of the exhibits during the convention; and possibly a short time after the close of exhibits for the day.
- All volunteers are provided with individual assignment instructions. Note that, in general, all positions are sitting positions so volunteers should plan on taking their own chair and, if an outside position is assigned, plan for any unusual weather situations.
- Each volunteer needs to either:
- Let FMCA know of your interest in becoming a Security Volunteer; or,
- Submit your Name(s), F#, email address, contact phone number (cell) by registering on this site.
- Arrival Date - all Security Volunteers are to arrive on Saturday, July 3, and are expected to sign up for at least three security spots. Due to the July 4 holiday, the 4th will be open day with no activities planned. While FMCA will take care of your site fee for the early arrival period, you are expected to sign up and work your shifts. Working your volunteer security shifts is required in order to enjoy the early RV site.
- All Security Volunteers are to arrive in the holding area on Saturday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Those who want to park together need to arrive together.
If you are willing to help, please send an email to Ken Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or, preferably, either click on the link below or log in to the The Diesel RV Club Website (listed under planned rallies) and register for the Spirit of Wyoming Security event.
Not yet registered for FMCA's 103rd International Convention? Click here: Spirit of Wyoming. Also, when registering for the FMCA Convention, please check the box for Security Volunteers. Those attending FMCA in Gillette will be grateful for your willingness to help with this very important position.
There will be an orientation meeting of all Security Volunteers on Monday, July 5, 2021 at 2:30 p.m. in Seminar 5, of the Energy Hall. At that meeting you will be receive your volunteer pin, hat or visor, and a ribbon. Your Volunteer work schedule will be emailed to you immediately after you pick the Security Spot assignments you select using the SignUp application. Please save a copy on your mobile device or print a copy. If you do not have your copy of this confirmation email one will be provided to you at the meeting. This email will also include guidelines to assist you in performing the duties specific to the posts you select.
Security volunteers are asked to arrive early to help prior to and during the convention.The extra nights (e.g., Saturday through Monday) are part of the cost to FMCA as an incentive for your volunteer service.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and acquaintances that may be interested in working with you as a volunteer.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help make the 103rd FMCA International Convention and safe and happy event.
Your Spirit of Wyoming Volunteer Co-Captains,
Ken Carpenter & Dan Fogarty