It isn’t possible to conduct an FMCA International Convention and RV Expo without a lot of volunteers. FMCA's Midwest Area is hosting the 105th International Convention & RV Expo. The Diesel RV Club together with the Beaver & Friends Volunteer Security Chapter are seeking volunteers from FMCA membership and all Chapters to join with us and volunteer for the security positions needed during the FMCA International Convention.
All Security Volunteers are to arrive in Lincoln on Sunday, August 21.
Here are the details:
The primary duties of Security Volunteers are to restrict entry to designated areas or redirect people to appropriate locations during set-up days and throughout the days of the convention. Security Volunteers are to be assertive, but pleasant to convention attendees and the public. Volunteers are encouraged to attend orientation sessions to learn more about greeting and interacting with guests and to become familiar with convention grounds and various security stations.
- All people are provided with individual assignment instructions. Note that, in general, all positions are sitting positions so volunteers should plan on taking their own chair. If you choose or are assigned an outside position is assigned, plan for the weather (rain, sun, etc.).
- Each volunteer needs to submit: Name(s), F#, email address, contact phone number (cell)
- FMCA will send out an email to all attendees with a link to the Convention digital program so you can prepare your calendar for the activities and programs of interest.
- About a week after you get the digital program, you will be sent an email with a link to the SignUp app so you can pick the security spots that fit with your schedule. Everyone will be asked to pick three spots, each of which are expected to be approximately 3 hours long.
- If you have not picked your spots personally by Friday, August 19, they will be assigned to you.
- NOTE: The longer you delay in picking your spots there will be fewer spots to choose from -- if you are uncomfortable with using the SignUp app, please call for assistance or to pick sites over the phone.
If you are willing to help, please send an email to Julia Chestnut, Volunteer Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org) or, click on the link below or log in to the DRVC website (listed under planned rallies) and register for the Lincoln Security event.
Not yet registered for FMCA's 105th International Convention? Click here: Golden Getaway. Also, when registering for the FMCA Convention, please check the box for Security Volunteers. Those attending FMCA in Lincoln will be grateful for your willingness to help with this very important position.
There will be an orientation meeting of all Security Volunteers on Monday, August 22, 2022. At that meeting you will receive your volunteer pin, hat or visor, and a ribbon. Your Volunteer work schedule will be emailed to you immediately after you pick your Security Spot assignments using the SignUp application. Please save a copy on your mobile device or print a copy. This email will also include guidelines to assist you in performing the duties specific to the posts you select.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and acquaintances that may be interested in working with you as a volunteer.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help make the 105th FMCA International Convention and safe and happy event.
Lincoln Volunteer Captain