It isn’t possible to conduct an FMCA International Convention and RV Expo without a lot of volunteers. FMCA's Rocky Mountain Area is hosting the 101st International Convention in Tucson. The Diesel RV Club together with the Beaver & Friends Volunteer Security Chapter are seeking volunteers from FMCA membership and all Chapters to join with us and volunteer for the security positions needed during the FMCA International Convention.
NOTE: See the instructions below to determine your arrival date. Members of FMCA Volunteer Security Team will be either Sunday, March 22 or Monday, March 23, 2020 depending on whether you are a member of the Beaver & Friends Security Volunteer Chapter.
Here are the details:
Security volunteer positions include working at outside gates to the area where the new coaches will be displayed as well as the exhibit buildings and other areas as needed.
- All people are provided with individual assignment instructions. Note that, in general, all positions are sitting positions so volunteers should plan on taking their own chair and, if an outside position is assigned, plan for any unusual weather situations.
- Each volunteer needs to submit: Name(s), F#, email address, contact phone number (cell).
- Arrival Date,either:
SUNDAY - Volunteers who are members of Beavers & Friends Volunteer Chapter and those that want to park with them are to arrive in the holding area between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, 2020 so you can park together. Also, your FMCA site reservation must be for 30amp electrical, and you must work on the Volunteer Security Team. (No workie no free parkie)
YOU MUST BE A CHAPTER MEMBER TO PARK TOGETHER WITH BEAVER & FRIENDS SECURITY VOLUNTEER CHAPTER; or,
MONDAY - All other Security Volunteers are to arrive in the holding area on Monday, March 23, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Those who want to park together need to arrive together.
Note: Those that want to join the Beaver & Friends Security Volunteer Chapter can do so prior to arrival by contacting Carol Mueller, Chapter President, at (573) 220-1216 or Roy Mueller at (708) 941-5207 or by email at CarolRoy1968@gmail.com. You can pay your $10 dues when arriving on Sunday.
- FMCA will provide volunteers with detailed information about the 101st Convention program so you can prepare your calendar for the activities and programs of interest.
- About a week after you get the program, you will be sent an email with a link to the SignUp app so you can pick the security spots that fit with your schedule. Everyone will be asked to pick three spots, each of which are expected to be approximately 3 hours long.
- If you have not picked your spots personally by Friday, March 20, they will be assigned to you.
- NOTE: The longer you delay in picking your spots there will be fewer spots to choose from -- if you are uncomfortable with using the SignUp app, please call for assistance or to pick sites over the phone.
If you are willing to help, please send an email to Ken Carpenter (email@example.com) or, preferably, either click on the link below or log in to the DRVC website (listed under planned rallies) and register for the Tucson Security event.
Not yet registered for FMCA's 101st International Convention? Click here: Sunsets & Saguaros. Also, when registering for the FMCA Convention, please check the box for Security Volunteers. Those attending FMCA in Tucson will be grateful for your willingness to help with this very important position.
There will be an orientation meeting of all Security Volunteers on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 in Pima Hall. At that meeting you will be receive your volunteer pin, hat or visor, and a ribbon. Your Volunteer work schedule will be emailed to you immediately after you pick the Security Spot assignments you select using the SignUp application. Please save a copy on your mobile device or print a copy. If you do not have your copy of this confirmation email one will be provided to you at the meeting. This email will also include guidelines to assist you in performing the duties specific to the posts you select.
Security volunteers are asked to arrive early to help prior to and during the convention.The extra nights (e.g., Sunday and/or Monday) are part of the cost to FMCA as an incentive for your volunteer service.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and acquaintances that may be interested in working with you as a volunteer.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help make the 101st FMCA International Convention and safe and happy event.
Your Volunteer Captain & Co-Captain,
Ken Carpenter & Tim Gerrity